How do I fairly and impartially describe myself? For those wanting the short and sweet version:
- I am a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll, having moved to a small town from a big city.
- I am athletic . . . in my mind. I exercise daily, but I also age daily.
- I am a clothes horse who still goes back to the same twenty favorites in the closet each week. Why I have the rest, I do not know.
- I am a vegetarian, thus am beloved by all of my fish, chicken, cow, and pig friends.
- Until and unless they notice I wear leather.
- I am a health fanatic but am distracted from the course easily.
- I am a fan of old-fashioned, happy ending books, television shows, and movies. Bring on the Waltons.
- I like seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. It makes for a happier existence.
- My family and extended family is quite large. The more the merrier.
- I collect angels.
- And, cherry popsicles are my favorite.
For the more formal .version:
Currently, I reside in Charleston, Illinois. I have a wonderful spouse of 38 years who shares my interest in biking, golfing, skiing, running, canoeing, kayaking, traveling, and gardening (well – we garden, but some call it watering dead plants over and over). We have four grown children – and I am proud to say that all have completed their undergraduate education and their graduate education. The first one graduated with a Masters in Education in Sports Administration and the second one graduated with a Doctorate in Chiropractic and has joined my spouse’s practice. The third completed his MFA in Ceramics and the fourth has a Masters in Social Work.
I think I am lucky.